I finally used the Mousepad kit I received from Padder.
I had some idea of what I wanted to print on it in my mind, but still had no well-defined way to create it.
It had to be basic since Padder likes basic Mousepads. But quite unique too.
Well.. this is what I made….
Danger zone for the Mouse!
After some careful moving around, my mouse got acquainted to it and until now
no accidents happened.
Creating the picture took some time. I had to find a smooth mousetrap and a nice lawn.
I photo shopped them together, mirrored the picture and printed it.
So far so good.
I followed the instructions that accompanied the Mousepad kit.
- Heat up the iron long enough on its highest level
- Put the correct sides opposite to each other, transfer on top
- Cover it with a pillowcase (I used a tea-towel)
- Iron one minute in a constant circular way
- Press hard and cover every part, especially the edges
- Let it cool down before removing the transfer
But you might have guessed, it did not work that way.
When I tried to remove the transfer with care, I noticed it was still separated from the Mousepad itself.
So I removed the tea-towel and pushed the iron at least two minutes firmly on top of it.
After it cooled down again the transfer was at least firmly connected to the Mousepad.
I started removing the transfer from the left top side and only there some very small pieces were not transferred as you might notice.
But no real damage was done.
I am satisfied with this result!